Yoga For The More Experienced
This 1hr & 15 min class is for those who have been practicing yoga consistently for more than a year or two.
They would “happily” practice Shoulder-stand (Sarvangasana), Handstand (Adho Mukha Vrksasana) and Headstand (Sirasasana) with whatever props they choose including headstand between a chair.
They are familiar with their body and aware of their strengths and limitations (their yin and yang!)
NOTE: This does not mean you have to practice inversions as options will be given for injuries, individual body type or those who choose not to practice inversions.
Each class will be different – some weeks the class will work on flowing sequence, some weeks will be heavily prop based, some weeks the whole class will be performed on our back and some weeks we’ll hang from the ropes……………..AND every week the sensation of feeling released and relaxed at the end makes all the hard work worthwhile!
NOT SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS
- wear a mask when entering the Practice (this can be removed once on mat)
- come dressed ready for class to minimise time in the cloakroom (when possible)
- bring your own mat
- use hand sanitiser station outside the front door before entry
- you will be met at the door by your instructor, who will be wearing a mask and visor, and will take your temperature
- you will be issued with a peg number to place your jacket and minimal belongings
- you can visit the bathroom on your way into the studio and once everyone is seated to minimise traffic in the cloakroom
- you will enter the studio using the back studio door so as not to cross the path of a student just entering the main door
- you are requested to use the hand sanitiser outside the studio door before entering studio
- there will be designated spots to place your mat
NB: You may have to queue outside until the hallway is free for your entry but this will be managed as quickly as possible.